Summit 24" Wide Over-the-Range Microwave in Black - MHOTR242B
Summit's selection of microwave ovens offer complete cooking power in slim, stylish designs, ideal for smaller kitchens.
The MHOTR242B is a 24" wide over-the-range microwave designed for simple one-touch cooking and effective ventilation. Its all-black exterior and white interior provides for an elegant look with easy cleanability, while a small window affords the opportunity to keep watch of your cooking. A side pocket handle offers a more streamlined look to complement any kitchen style.
Inside, the MHOTR242B offers a full 1.4 cu.ft. capacity with an oversized 12.75" glass turntable. Ten power levels and multi-stage cooking options allow you to set the proper conditions for virtually every meal.
The auto cook feature makes for convenient cooking and reheating for almost any food or beverage with pre-programmed settings for pizza, popcorn, beverages, cheeses, ice cream, butter, meats, veggies, and reheating. Sub menus for meats, reheat, and veggies allow users to select by item, such as pork, chicken, casserole, dinner plate, or fresh and frozen veggies.
An auto cooking decal is affixed to the lower cabinet interior for easy reference. The kids meal setting lets you heat common meals such as chicken nuggets, hot dogs, fries, and frozen sandwiches. Defrost settings offer the choice of heating by time or weight, while the Add 30 seconds feature provides additional cook time for user convenience. The MHOTR242B also includes a time cook function, timer, and interior light for easy viewing of the interior.
The MHOTR242B is equipped with a versatile ventilation system that can be set up with a vertical duct, horizontal duct, or for recirculating (ductless) operation with two grease filters and a charcoal filter included. A two-speed exhaust fan, which begins automatically, assures a smoke and odor-free environment.
Two LED lights offer efficient illumination for your cooking surface, while the child lock feature helps prevent unsupervised use by children for added safety. Eco Mode disables the display, outside lamp, and exhaust fan for power saving convenience; it is automatically turned on after one minute of inactivity or can be manually turned on or off by the user.
We include a mounting plate, exhaust adapter for top or rear-venting, and the hardware required for installation, along with an installation booklet and a top cabinet and rear wall template. NOTE: This unit features a top vented system that must be clear for adequate ventilation. The depth from the rear to the vented area is 17".
With its range of cooking options and convenient size, the MHOTR242B is the perfect finish for any small kitchen space. This unit is also available in white (see MHOTR241W) or stainless steel (see MHOTR243SS).
- 24" width: Smartly sized for full service use in smaller kitchens
- Range hood function: Under-cabinet ventilation with a high/low setting
- Versatile ventilation options: This unit can be set up with a vertical duct, horizontal duct, or for recirculating operation
- Large capacity: 1.4. cu.ft. interior provides ample room for heating & cooking small or large dishes
- Window included: Small window lets you keep watch of your cooking
- Under cabinet LED lighting: Range hood includes two bulbs for convenient illumination of the cooking zone
- Auto cook: Cooking setting that lets you choose from pizza, potatoes, popcorn, beverages, cheese, ice cream, butter, meats, veggies, and reheat
- Kids meal heating option: Designed for easy reheating of common children's meals, with settings specifically for nuggets, hot dogs, fries, and frozen sandwiches
- Timed cooking: Touch controls for easy heating of foods and beverages (up to 99 minutes)
- Multi-stage cooking: Allows users to program two cooking settings with different power levels for best results with certain recipes
- Glass turntable: Includes a removable 12.75" glass turntable
- Multiple power levels: Choose from 10 power levels to ensure optimum level of heating of food and beverage
- Add 30 seconds option: Push the start button to add 30 seconds to cooking time
- Defrost settings: Users can set the defrost setting by time (up to 99 minutes) or weight (up to 96 oz.)
- Charcoal filter: Provides filtering to help eliminate cooking smoke & odors
- Installation equipment: A mounting plate, exhaust adapter for top or rear-venting, hardware for installation, installation guide, and top/rear cabinet wall templates are included for user convenience
- Eco Mode: Power saving mode that disables display, outside lamp, and fan (Note: this mode turns on automatically after 1 minute of inactivity)
- Interior light: Microwave light automatically illuminates when the door is opened
- Kitchen timer: Microwave includes timer setting (up to 99 minutes) with an audible warning
- Child lock: Optional setting can be activated to prevent unsupervised operation
- Grease filters: Two included to remove grease particles helping to keep the exhaust fan and ducting clean
- Auto cook decal: Affixed to lower cabinet interior and provides an overview of the auto cook settings for easy user reference
- Black cabinet finish: All black exterior adds a touch of elegance while the white interior allows for easy cleanability
- Height of Cabinet: 17.5" (44 cm)
- Width: 24.0" (61 cm)
- Width with Door Open: 24.75" (63 cm)
- Depth: 17.0" (43 cm)
- Depth with door at 90°: 38.75" (98 cm)
- Capacity: 1.4
- Door: Black
- Cabinet: Black
- US Electrical Safety: UL
- Canadian Electrical Safety: ULC
- Amps: 13.5
- Voltage/Frequency: 115 V AC/60 Hz
- Weight: 51.0 lbs. (23 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 61.0 lbs. (28 kg)
- Parts & Labor Warranty: 90 Days
- UPC: 761101076041
- Type: Over-the-Range
- Wattage: 1000.0
- Controls: Digital
- Digital Display: Yes
- Turntable: Yes
- Turntable Diameter: 12.75" (32 cm)
- Interior Height: 10.0" (25 cm)
- Interior Width: 14.5" (37 cm)
- Interior Depth: 14.38" (37 cm)
- Brochure w/ Drawings
- Technical Drawing (.dwg)
- Use and Care
- Support (Top Cabinet Template)
- Support (Rear Wall Template)
- Installation Instructions
Due to our commitment to continuous product improvement, all specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Security
Found a Better Price? We'll Price Match!
Call (800) 674-9781
FREE SHIPPING + NO SALES TAX (EXCLUDES NY)
Not Quite Ready to Get Your Product Delivered?
Are you looking to take advantage of a current sale but are not ready to receive your item? Not a problem! All orders from us receive special attention and we can hold items for as long as you need! Call us for more details.