Drolet Fox Wood Stove - DB03186
Among the most compact on the market, the Fox wood stove can heat up to 1,200 ft². With a maximum heat output of 45,000 BTU/h. Non-catalytic and EPA certified at an emission rate of 1.8 g/h, this model can efficiently heat small spaces. Its cast iron door, superimposed with steel sheets, is decorated with a fox. The bottom of its combustion chamber is deeper than other models in its category and allows a greater accumulation of ashes, and thus to be able to empty them much less frequently. Packaged in a rigid cardboard box for ease of transport, this appliance requires simple assembly.
Included: steel legs, air deflector, ceramic glass, cast iron door with adjustable hinges, ash lip, air damper
- Up to 5 hours burn time
- Up to 17" logs
- 1.55 ft³ firebox
- EPA certified
- Proudly made in Canada
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Certified for mobile home and alcove installation
Options: blower, thermodisc, firescreen, fresh air intake kit
*Any installation must be done according to the data and drawings detailed in the owner’s manual.
Appliance Performance: (2)
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area-ft² ()||250 - 1,200|
|Overall firebox volume-ft³||1.7|
|EPA loading volume-ft³||1.55|
|Maximum burn time ()||5 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood (3)||45,000 BTU/h (13.19 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate < (3) (4)||12,124 BTU/h (3.55 kW) to 26,700 BTU/h (7.83 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) (4)||74 % (HHV) (5)||79 % (LHV) (6)|
|Optimum efficiency (7) (8)||80 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency (9)||79 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate (1)||1.8 g/h|
|Average CO (10)||74 g/h|
(1) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(2) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(3) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³ and reloading intervals ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard without any reloading between start and finish. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(4) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(5) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(7) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(8) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(9) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(10) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||17"|
|Log positioning||Loading over depth|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12'|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|Approved for an alcove installation||Yes|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||Yes, with fresh air intake|
|Shipping Weight||230 lb|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||10 1/4" X 8 1/2"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Overall dimension (Height)||28 3/4"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||18 1/2"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||28 7/8"|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||7 5/8"|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||12"|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||11 3/4"|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||14 1/4"|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||19 1/8"|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16"|
|Steel thickness – top||1/4"|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S627|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
Payment & Security
Found a Better Price? We'll Price Match!
Call (800) 674-9781
FREE SHIPPING + NO SALES TAX (EXCLUDES NY)
Not Quite Ready to Get Your Product Delivered?
Are you looking to take advantage of a current sale but are not ready to receive your item? Not a problem! All orders from us receive special attention and we can hold items for as long as you need! Call us for more details.