Drolet Escape 1800 Wood Stove on Legs with Black Door - DB03105
Ideal for spaces up to 2,100 ft², this large non-catalytic wood stove produces up to 75,000 BTU/h and emits only 1.54 g/h of fine particles. The unit is equipped with side panels that reduce clearances to combustible materials, and a top heat exchanger that redirects heat to the front of the unit.
Included: cast iron legs with ash drawer, top air deflector, ceramic glass, side panels, ash lip, air damper
- Up to 8 hours burn time
- Up to 20'' logs
- 2.4 ft³ firebox
- Heavy duty 5/16'' steel top
- EPA certified
- Proudly made in Canada
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Certified for mobile home and alcove installation
Options: blower, thermodisc, firescreen, fresh air intake kit
*Any installation must be done according to the data and drawings detailed in the owner’s manual.
Appliance Performance (2)
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area-ft² ()||500 - 2,100|
|Overall firebox volume-ft³||2.4|
|EPA loading volume-ft³||2.02|
|Maximum burn time ()||8 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood (3)||75,000 BTU/h (22 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate < (3) (4)||14,800 BTU/h (4.34 kW) to 28,600 BTU/h (8.38 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) (4)||69 % (HHV) (5)||74 % (LHV) (6)|
|Optimum overall efficiency (7) (8)||77 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency (9)||75 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate (1)||1.54 g/h|
|Average CO (10)||89.4 g/h|
(1) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(2) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(3) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³ and reloading intervals ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard without any reloading between start and finish. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(4) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(5) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(7) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(8) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(9) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(10) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||20"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12'|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|Approved for an alcove installation||Yes|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||Yes, with fresh air intake|
|Shipping Weight||382 lb (173 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||16" X 9 1/4"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Overall dimension (Height)||30 1/4"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||26 1/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||25 7/8"|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||9"|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||17 1/2"|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||12"|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||21"|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||16 1/2"|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Adjustable threaded legs||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16"|
|Steel thickness – top||5/16"|
|Easy-to-access ash drawer||Yes|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA / ASTM WK47329|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S627|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
Payment & Security
Found a Better Price? We'll Price Match!
Call (800) 674-9781
FREE SHIPPING + NO SALES TAX (EXCLUDES NY)
Not Quite Ready to Get Your Product Delivered?
Are you looking to take advantage of a current sale but are not ready to receive your item? Not a problem! All orders from us receive special attention and we can hold items for as long as you need! Call us for more details.