Drolet Heat Commander Wood Furnace - DF02003
Among the most efficient systems on the market based on distributed energy, the Heat Commander is a central heating system that is both cutting edge and accessible thanks to its innovative design and ease of use. EPA certified, its 310,000 BTU capacity makes this furnace versatile and ideal for heating spaces up to 2,500 ft². The Heat Commander’s overall thermal power is notably much higher than most comparable systems.
Result of our victory in an international innovation competition, the Heat Commander is the very first wood furnace on the market to offer Dual Fire© technology with a two-stage electronic combustion control. Find peace of mind with a self-regulated combustion that allows easy ignition. Its automated air supply and flame adjustment systems synchronize with your thermostat to offer additional safety, optimize comfort and reduce emissions with minimal maintenance.
- Intuitive start mode for fast and clean ignition
- Optimized combustion for low creosote formation
- Uninterrupted heat with on-demand boost based on thermostatic demand
- Among the lowest burn rates on the market (firewood savings)
- Up to 10 hours burn time
- 3.6 ft³ firebox
- 21'' logs (loading over depth and width)
- EPA certified
- Proudly made in Canada
- Limited lifetime warranty
Included: blower, thermostat, hot air plenum, combustion-state indicator light, automated combustion control, ash lip, ash drawer, poker and scraper
Options: air filter with support, return air duct with filter
- Air filters help filter dirt before distributing hot air in your installation in addition to protecting the blower. The use of filters is strongly recommended.
- The fresh air return adapter can be added to the blower box to increase the efficiency of your system. This option allows you to take fresh air from the rooms and bring it to the furnace to be heated and redistributed in these same rooms. It allows more even air circulation to increase comfort.
Appliance Performance: (3)
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area-ft² ()||1,000 - 2,500|
|Overall firebox volume-ft³||3.6|
|Maximum burn time ()||10 h|
|Maximum input capacity (dry cordwood) (4)||310,000 BTU|
|Overall heat output rate < (5)||19,354 BTU/h (5.6 kW) to 47,052 BTU/h (13.8 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (min. to max.) (6)||76.6% (HHV) (7)||82.0 % (LHV) (8)|
|Delivered heat output rate (min. to max.) (9)||13,297 BTU/h (3.9 kW) to 42,234 BTU/h (12.4 kW)|
|Average delivered efficiency (min. to max.) (10)||60.7% (HHV) (7)||65.0% (LHV) (8)|
|Optimum efficiency (11)||83.2%|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency (12)||81 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate (1) (2)||0.095 lb/mmBTU (0.041 g/MJ)|
|Average CO (13)||8.78 lb/mmBTU (3.78 g/MJ)|
|Average electrical power consumption (14)||330 W|
(1) Based on delivered heat output.
(2) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(3) Values are as measured per CSA B415.1-10, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum input capacity. Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 10 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 18% and 28%.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft, heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heating area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature considering that the space configuration and the presence of heat distribution systems have a significant impact in making heat circulation optimum.
(4) Input value at 10 lb/ft³ fuel loading density and dry energy value of 8,600 BTU/lb.
(5) Overall : Radiated and delivered heat together at 10 lb/ft³ fuel loading density over one total burn cycle.
(6) Efficiency based on radiated and delivered heat when allowing cycling from high to low burn to simulate thermostat demand.
(7) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(8) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(9) Delivered: Remotely provided to other rooms through ducting at 10 lb/ft³ fuel loading density over one total burn cycle.
(10) Efficiency based on delivered heat when allowing cycling from high to low burn to simulate thermostat demand. LHV % is based on manufacturer’s estimation.
(11) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(12) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(13) Carbon Monoxyde. Based on overall heat output at 10 lb/ft³ fuel loading density.
(14) Unless stated otherwise, measures were taken directly at the main power source and include all electrical components present in the appliance.
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||21"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width and over depth|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Baffle type||C-Cast or equivalent|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Shipping Weight||740 lb (337 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||12 3/8 X 10 1/8"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Blower (hp / speed / CFM)||1/3 | 1 | 1,135|
|Filter – dimensions (Width X Height X Depth)||15" X 20" X 1"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||63 1/2"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||27 3/4"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||51 1/8"|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||10"|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||13 3/4"|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||16 3/8"|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||18 1/2"|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||22 3/4"|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16"|
|Steel thickness – top||1/4"|
|Hot air plenum – dimension (Depth or Height)||22 3/8" - 47 7/8"|
|Hot air plenum – dimension (Width)||26 7/8"|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 391|
|Canadian standard (safety)||CAN/CSA B366.1|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
Payment & Security
Found a Better Price? We'll Price Match!
Call (800) 674-9781
FREE SHIPPING + NO SALES TAX (EXCLUDES NY)
Not Quite Ready to Get Your Product Delivered?
Are you looking to take advantage of a current sale but are not ready to receive your item? Not a problem! All orders from us receive special attention and we can hold items for as long as you need! Call us for more details.