Drolet Cape Town 1800 Cast Iron Wood Stove - DB04900
Entirely made of cast iron, the Cape Town 1800 is ideal for heating up to 2000 sq² with its 75,000 BTU/h of maximum power. Certified at 1.8 g/h, this non-catalytic unit is the only Drolet model to offer a flue outlet at the back and on the top of the stove. The Cape Town 1800 has a large viewing area as well as a full width andiron to hold logs during loading. Its classic design and distinguished cast iron finish give it all its charm.
Included: ash drawer, ceramic glass, ash lip, broad-spectrum air damper
|Heating area||500 - 2,000 Ft2|
|Size||30 3/4" W X 22 5/8" D X 32 5/8" H|
|Maximum log length||21"|
|Average particulate emission rate
- Up to 8 hours burn time
- 21’’ logs
- 2 ft³ firebox volume
- EPA certified
- Made in Belgium
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Certified for mobile home and alcove installation
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to back unit||4 1/8"|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to side unit||15 3/8"|
|Recommended chimney diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)|
|Minimum chimney height||12'|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Door opening size (Width)||22"|
|Door opening size (Height)||9 1/2"|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface - W x H||20 1/2" x 12"|
|Firebox size (Width)||21 7/8"|
|Firebox size (Height)||9 1/2"|
|Firebox size (Depth)||13 1/4"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks||No|
|Baffle type||High quality vermiculite|
|High-efficiency certified appliance||CSA B415.1-10 only approved for Canada|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|Canadian Standard (safety)||ULC S627|
|USA Standard (safety)||UL 1482|
|Distance-center of the flue outlet to floor||26 3/4"|
|Moulded refractory panels||Yes|
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area(9)||500 - 2,000 ft²|
|Overall firebox volume||2.0 ft³|
|EPA loading volume||1.55 ft³|
|Maximum burn time(9)||14 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood(4)||51,600 BTU/h (15.13 kW)|
|Minimum overall heat output rate(4) (5)||13,927 BTU/h (4.08 kW)|
|Maximum overall heat output rate(4) (5)||51,616 BTU/h (15.13 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (HHV)(5) (6)||76 %|
|Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (LHV)(5) (7)||82 %|
|Optimum efficiency(1) (2)||84.5 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency(8)||77 %|
|Average particulate emission rate(3)||1.91 g/h|
|Average CO(10)||79 g/h|
|Maximum log length||21"|
|Shipping weight||545 lb (247 kg)|
|Overall dimension (Width)||30 3/4"|
|Overall dimension (Height)||32 5/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||22 5/8"|
|Alcove installation approved||Yes|
|Certified according to applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||No|
(1) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(2) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(3) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³ and reloading intervals ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard without any reloading between start and finish. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(4) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(5) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(7) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(8) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(9) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(10) Carbon monoxyde.
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Single wall pipe||Double wall pipe|
|Clearance – back wall||18"||10"|
|Clearance - corner||16"||8"|
|Clearance – side wall||16"||16"|
|Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)**||84"||84"|
Payment & Security
Found a Better Price? We'll Price Match!
Call (800) 674-9781
FREE SHIPPING + NO SALES TAX (EXCLUDES NY)
Not Quite Ready to Get Your Product Delivered?
Are you looking to take advantage of a current sale but are not ready to receive your item? Not a problem! All orders from us receive special attention and we can hold items for as long as you need! Call us for more details.